Monday, January 30, 2012

Dublin Flea Market

Yesterday I finally made it to the Dublin flea market in Newmarket Square. I've been meaning to go there forever and finally made it on the wettest day of the year! Imagine my relief when I realised that as well as a few outdoor stalls there is also a large indoor area.

The key theme is most definitely vintage which is sometimes a word that people use interchangeably with old. To me, vintage means old and covetable and something which has stood the test of time whereas the same cannot always be said for things which are just old! However there was a really good vibe at this market and there are lots of bargains to be had. There's clothes, books, records, food, furniture, posters, pictures and prints, shoes, loads of handbags and general "stuff".
Loved this table but they were sold out:(

The flea market is held on the last Sunday of every month. It's a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. And check out my purchase - a very retro orange stool for €15 - almost goes with my equally eye catching tangerine table! I'll be back!   

http://dublinflea.ie/index.html                                                                                                                                                                           

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an interesting and colourful afternoon! I'm sure your orange stool goes in very well with your new retro radio too. It must be all shaping up nicely - a lovely, bright and cheerful pad! x

    ReplyDelete